Participant and Composition prerequisites for Voices of Aotearoa 6:24
Participants must have the following.
- Ability to articulate an idea in words (writer), experience of setting words to music (composer), capacity to improvise (instrumentalist), technical proficiency (opera singer) and experience in collaborating (everyone).
- Enough available time to collaborate and complete the task.
- An interest in the opportunities provided by the coming together of text and music.
- Enthusiastic about the proposal.
- An ability to deliver on time.
- Prepared to work within budget parameters.
- Maximum of five minutes for the finished song.
- Each song must have dramatic direction and impact.
- The finished collection of songs (one song per team) must represent different styles and techniques. This might include experimental use of piano, for example.
- Each song must aim to use the range of skills and talents of the performers.